Loaded Chicken and Zucchini Quesadillas
A new and interesting twist on the typical cheese quesadillas, These hearty protein packed loaded chicken and zucchini quesadillas will keep you full long after the meal is over! This recipe comes together in 30 minutes or less for a fabulous last minute lunch when you’re short on time. Oh, and it tastes like a Taco Bell Bean Burrito, only… better… a thousand times better!
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 5 Flour tortillas (I used 10″)
- 1 lb Chicken
- 1 small Zucchini grated
- 1/2 cup Corn
- 15 oz Re-fried beans
- 2 cups Grated cheese
- Garlic salt
- Cut chicken into approximately 1″ pieces.
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet and add the chicken. Season with garlic salt and parsley.
- When chicken is cooked through, add the corn, re-fried beans, salt (taste before adding the salt) and water, grate zucchini into mixture and stir.
- Once the beans are heated and the zucchini looks soft, remove from heat.
- Heat a clean skillet over medium heat and melt enough coconut oil or butter to coat the bottom, about 1/2-1 tablespoon.
- Spoon bean mixture onto half of the tortilla and spread it about to about 1/2″ from the edge. Place in pan and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over the mixture and press gently to secure it.
- Flip to evenly crisp both sides and remove from pan.
Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Save this recipe for later by pinning the image below, or find more zucchini recipes here.
Have you ever tried zucchini in your quesadillas? What is your favorite way to make them? Leave me a comment!