I went to the gym with my boys, (1 and 3 years old) I got a double work out in! Really, they were very well behaved but toddlers are busy, everyone knows that! It was bedtime when we got home so I didn’t get the chance to eat anything (Jacoby ate both apples I brought along!) By 8:30 I couldn’t decide if I wanted a protein shake or to go to bed. I opted for the protein shake since I knew my body needed it after lifting weights.
I was out of almond milk so I decided to use strawberry juice for my liquid. We pick strawberries from our local berry farm and freeze 15 gallons each summer. They are incredible, definitely worth the work! I thought about using peanut butter for my protein but opted for vanilla whey protein and it was a great choice!
It was better than any shake I’ve ever had!
Smooth and fluffy and delicious! Seriously, I can’t describe it, just go try it for yourself! Oh yeah… here’s the recipe.
- 1/2 cup Frozen Strawberries (thawed)
- 1-1/2 cups Strawberry juice (from thawed berries)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder *
- 1 Frozen Banana
- Berries should be completely thawed but preferably still cool. Blend them in the blender until a froth forms on top.
- Add the protein powder and blend again until smooth and fluffy consistency.
- Drop in frozen banana, it is easier if it is in chunks. Blend just until smooth.
- Pour into cups and enjoy!