Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Stuffed Zucchini
There are so many varieties of stuffed zucchini to try. I love this cheesy chicken and veggie stuffed zucchini. It comes together quickly and is so delicious! Soft and juicy while still maintaining it’s form and crispness, the zucchini boat makes a perfect carrier for all the cheesy meaty goodness inside they’re loaded with. Olives and red peppers not only add flavor but make this cheesy, chicken stuffed zucchini picture perfect!
prep time: 1 hour
- 2 Zucchini, 1 large and 1 small-medium
- 3 Boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 Sweet red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 can Olives, sliced
- 1 cup Shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (Optional)
- 2 tbls Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin (Optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- Wash and trim ends of the large zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out just the seeds from the middle. Place on a cookie sheet.
- In a skillet fry the chicken breast in the coconut oil. Season with the garlic and cumin (if you want it spicy) Add the onion, red pepper and olives.
- Slice the smaller zucchini and add to the skillet.
- When vegetables are cooked, divide the chicken and veggies between the two halves of zucchini, you may have more than you need for just 1 zucchini.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and your choice of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20–30 minutes, the cheese should be melted and the zucchini should be easy to cut with a fork but not mushy.
- Cut into 1–2 inch slices the width of the zucchini and serve hot.
This recipe is fantastic served alone, but could also be eaten with ranch or another similar dip. It is best the first day but could be refrigerated, reheated and served a second time.
Find more zucchini recipes here. And save this recipe for later by pinning the image below.
What are your favorite toppings for stuffed zucchini?